We at MMS, Inc. (“us,” “our” “we,” or “Company”) are pleased to provide guidelines applicable to information collected, used and/or disclosed by us and describe how we may collect, use and disclose information that we receive. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time without notice (for example, if we modify our practices regarding the collection or use of information).
- We may receive your name, email address, physical address, and other professional information from licensed databases such as the American Medical Association Physician Professional Database (AMA PPD) and other similar databases or list owners or directories.
- We may collect any information that you have voluntarily submitted to us or to a trusted third party (e.g., medical publishers, professional websites or similar parties).
- We may capture certain information automatically on our websites, including your Internet protocol address, mobile device identification number, browser type, page access history, linking information, click stream data, page visits, page views, and/or web site log files.
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To contact you with professional relevant information about products and services.
- To provide you with personalized offers, promotions, news, events, and other information relevant to your practice.
- To establish and maintain customer accounts.
- To quickly process your requests for information.
- To allow us to respond efficiently to your questions.
- To monitor Web site statistics.
- To monitor our customer service employees.
- To allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law, in the situations described more fully below.
Our websites take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information, although we cannot guarantee the impenetrability of our servers.
We will license the use of our email database to third parties so that they can contact you for professionally relevant reasons. We will send you professionally relevant information on behalf of third parties. Each email you receive will include instructions on how to be removed from our promotional email list.
In some circumstances, we will allow a trusted third party to have access to our databases for the purposes of analyzing email broadcast performance results on a per record basis, contacting you via direct mail, telemarketing and facsimile or data analysis. We will allow this access only when the trusted third party has agreed to abide by our list use agreement, as well as any additional restrictions such as those set forth by the AMA or list owner regarding the use of their Master File.
Finally, there are certain circumstances wherein your information may be given to or accessible by a third party. These circumstances include:
Acceptance of Terms
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may transfer personally identifiable information to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
- Website Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting and email deployment, support, maintenance; third party payment processing agencies; and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service the Company and our websites.
- Enforcement of Rights/Security. We reserve the right to release personal information (i) when we are under legal compulsion to do so (e.g. we have received a subpoena) or we otherwise believe that the law requires us to do so, (ii) when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of the Company, our users or others, or (iii) as we deem necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, prevent fraud and otherwise enforce the Privacy Statement and other website user agreements.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Company is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Company is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third parties.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
935 National Parkway, Ste. 93510
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Telephone: (630) 477-1559