Effective Healthcare Marketing Tool Delivers Again and Again
Email Re-Send Programs
Surveys show that most physicians receive healthcare marketing 2-3 times before they act, and others up to 3-5 times before engaging. Email re-send programs offer effective solutions to ensure that your message reaches your target audience with more frequency. Increased frequency leads to higher opens which drives engagement with HCPs, and furthermore helps to strengthen relationships and generate additional leads.
When developing a digital healthcare marketing campaign, it is important to look at the overall plan and determine how re-sends can be used most effectively. Using physicians’ behavior analytics like opens, non-opens, and clicks, you can decide what types of re-sends you will use and at what point they will be deployed allowing you to be progressive in your communication and more relevant with your messages.
Keys for Effective Email Re-Sends
- Frequency – Decide on the number of re-sends that your campaign will include based on the target audiences that you want to re-send to from your original file. Remember, effective email marketing isn’t a “one and done” process. Receiving an email message as few as two times and as many as five times is the frequency proven to be most effective to move a physician to click on a call-to-action.
- Target Audience – Define your re-send target audiences from your original file Those audiences may include your options including full file again, non-opens, opens, or opens – non-clicks to maximize engagement.
- Email Elements – According to 59% of physicians, receiving multiple emails with different subject lines but with the same overall message and call-to-action keeps their interest and ultimately moves them to open, view, click, and engage. Re-send programs offer you the flexibility to change the subject line, content/html, and From Name with each re-send. However, it is important to have this information set so you can provide final creative .html with active links and images that have been tested for a more efficient and effective overall campaign.
- Fresh Content – Content needs to change progressively based on the engagement of the physician to express your understanding of their preferences.
- Scheduling – Schedule your entire campaign including re-sends over a 60-day period following the initial email deployment date. Emails can be planned to deploy on a specific date and at a specific time. Per best practices, allow a minimum of three days between sends. Timing is everything.
- Analytics – Throughout the campaign, review aggregate reports including metrics (sent, hard bounce, soft bounce, received, gross and unique opens, gross and unique click throughs and opt-outs) and viewing engagement (time viewed, desktop, mobile and device used to view your email) to see a detailed look at activity for each deployment. Use this valuable insight to continue to get to know your audience better, further personalize your next project, and achieve even greater success in the future.
What are Email Re-sends?
Re-sends are emails that are created as part of an overall campaign and deployed following an initial email deployment to non-opens, opens, or opens-non-click.
Why use Re-Sends?
Market research has shown that physicians receive healthcare marketing information two to five times before deciding to act on it. Re-sends are effective marketing tools to build relationships with HCPs, increase engagement, and ultimately grow registrations, referrals, and ROI.
For more information or to get started on your next email campaign, just complete this form.